About the Role
As a member of the Pure team, reporting and working closely with the Director, you will be responsible for the administration of all purchases and ordering processes from Pure’s suppliers locally and overseas. To successfully coordinate these purchases and maintain the ordering register requires a high level of discipline, attention to detail, strong communication and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Following the process of purchase through to delivery by negotiating and conducting daily business with suppliers, freight forwarders, and third-party warehouse operators. (Overseas freight handling experience is advantage.
- Purchasing goods and services in accordance with policies and delegations, including processing requisitions and purchase orders and invoice purchase price variances
- Purchase order tracking and monitoring.
- Identifying sources of supply and developing supplier relationships
- Processing customer requests and ordering of goods and information including updating Masterfile supervision structure
- Processing delivery reminders and / or requisition approval reminders
- Organising shipping within Australia and internationally (road, sea & air freight).
- Handling all shipping documents
- Coordinate the weekly cycle counts and annual stock take, investigate and reconcile any variances and submit adjustments for approval.
- Timely data entry of vendor details, product and pricing parameters.
- Effectively communicating with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Daily entry and maintenance of Supply Chain documentation.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer service teams to ensure timely and efficient production and delivery targets are achieved.
- Manage warranty claims on suppliers (local and international) and on transport companies for damaged deliveries.
- Product Sourcing: work with sales to understand customer demands, to source and satisfy that demand. Manage existing & sourcing new supplier agreements across product lines as they are developed. Gain a strong understanding of broad market conditions and trends.
- Be available to do admin and reception duties as required.
- Professional qualifications in purchasing, accounting, business admin or inventory management would be expected.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (E.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of product database cataloguing techniques
- High attention to detail, self-discipline and analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to provide customer-focused solutions
- Self-motivated and result oriented.
- Strong time management skills
- Competence utilising Microsoft Office suite and a computerised inventory/financial management program
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral) and good at liaising with overseas suppliers and service providers.
- Purchasing experience in a similar role, preferably in a design environment
What we offer
- Friendly and supporting Team
- Beautiful work environment working with premium European products
- Great quality customer base and network